Google+

Monday, February 17, 2014

A First Look At The New March Kit by Kim Price


Hello! I'm so excited to be sharing my very first projects as part of the C'est Magnifique Design Team using the brand new March kit release. I am totally head over heels in love with everything about this new kit - the papers, the colors, the gorgeous flowers and embellishments - they are all so perfectly me and creating with it has been an absolute pleasure.

I'm a real aqua girl, so I've included all those wonderful shades of blue and green on my first layout using a much loved photograph of my youngest daughter - a "selfie" she took a little while back. The eye contact in this photo is absolutely mesmerizing, so this was my inspiration for my layout title having played with the spelling to include the word "eyes".




A few of my favourite details:




I've used items from the  main kit, the embellishment add-on, the flower add-on and the mixed media kit to complete this layout.

From my stash: 12x12 smooth white cardstock, gesso, dimensional foam dots



For my second project I have mostly used the pink shades in my kit for a completely different look to my first layout. I love that you can create such different pages all from the same kit! 


This layout was created using a recent photograph of a couple of my local creative friends and myself after a great morning out together. I was completely inspired by the amazing Prima vine from the main kit, and let my layout evolve around that.





Favourite details:




In my second layout I have used items from the main kit, the embellishment add-on, the flower add-on and the mixed media kit.

From my stash: 12x12 smooth white cardstock, gesso, dimensional foam dots


Thanks for dropping by today, I hope you have enjoyed seeing a few sneak peeks of the March kits!









9 comments:

  1. These are just stunning, can't wait to get my March kit!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, LOVE your layering and distressing

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful - please explain how you did the aquel techinique

    ReplyDelete
  4. just beautiful almost like water colour on your backgrounds

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it soooooo much!!! I want knowing how to create such a gorgeous background too~~>3<

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for all the love everyone. I create my backgrounds just with mists and water which is something I have been doing for a few years now. Over time the look has evolved and developed into what I am doing today. Just dive into your stash and have some fun!

    ReplyDelete